The Miracles of Jesus
There are very few things that grab our attention like the miracles of Jesus. The miracles create an awe and wonder in our hearts and minds. Calling us to believe in more than we can see and feel in this world. Calling us to have faith like a child that anything is possible with God. The miracles display the heart of the Father toward humanity and His heart of compassion and love! Jesus only did what He saw the Father doing so when we look at the works of Jesus we see the Father’s heart.
Along with displaying His love and compassion, the miracles point to a few specific things about Jesus. First, they proclaim that He is the Son of God. The miracles validated His ministry and identity. Secondly, they proclaim that He is Sovereign and in control. Jesus calmed the wind and the waves. He is Lord over all creation. Furthermore, the miracles confirmed that He is the Messiah. When John the Baptist asked Jesus if He was the One that they were looking for-Jesus replied, “The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.” His affirming response communicated that the miracles speak for themselves. When we look at the miracles we see that they point to a greater reality about Jesus.
- Healing the Leper- Displays His ability to make the unclean clean.
- Healing of blind Bartimaeus- He is healer and the One who restores vision, purpose, and identity.
- Raising Lazarus from the dead- His power over life and death.
- Setting the Demoniac free- His authority over demons. He was sent to set the captives free.
- Healing of the Paralytic- He is Redeemer who renews and restores life.
- Multiplying of food- He is the ultimate Provider who cares about our most basic needs.
Our hope and prayer is that you come to know Jesus as the Son of God, Savior, and Messiah. Jesus is the miracle working God and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!